Tuesday 10 February 2009

Serpentine

I have always been fascinated by snakes in different colors and sizes. If a close friend of mine loves sharks and their scarily wide mouth and sharp teeth, I love snakes and their wonderfully coloured scales and equally coloured lifestyles.

But just because I love them doesn't mean I'm fearless when I see one. Truly not! I only love watching them in documentaries BUT not in their slimy glory.

Once I saw a TV documentary entitled: In search of the Giant Anaconda. I was glued to my seat, feet up on the sofa (in case something horrid and cold passes my feet), and was enjoying the takes on other snakes species while also too excited to know whether the snakemaster can really find a giant Anaconda. However, as the tension mounts up so too was the documentary as it was slowly turning to some sort of a horror movie where the presenter was walking barefoot underwater while a black and large-bodied anaconda was swirling around him, their bodies entwined as he struggles to fight against the snake too careful not to drown himself. The slow-motion and time-slicing effects were exciting yet scary at the same time that I ended up watching like this:



It was my first time to watch a documentary with my eyes and me covered with a blanket where I'm sure the only purpose of the film was just pure entertainment and not horrify the viewers.

I do apologize if you can't visualize my drawings its because I drew this on Photoshop and being a neophyte, the result understandly lacks perception or to put it bluntly, crude.

Not to mention was my screamfest while watching the docu. I don't know how to draw a "scream" you see so I just settled with this. I know my drawing of a snake looks like a sperm but I made his head a bit bigger to defy the obvious :)

I'm now beginning to be a bit wary in watching snakes docu that's why I made sure my blanket comes in handy just in case:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takot din ako sa snakes eh. :-s Kung nanonood ka ng Pinoy Fear Factor meron silang stunt na hihiga sa mga palaka na may kasamang ahas. Yung isang participant naihian at nataihan ng ahas,so gross!

P.S I really love that song- Chasing Pavements : Adele

UtakMunggo said...

i like watching snake docus as well. how much do we have in common, huh? hehe

have you watched ultimate snake? the one about pythons? there's actually one documented case about a man being swallowed by a giant python in malaysia.

that had me glued to my seat as well. but unlike you, matapang ako. haha.. matapang lang sa tv pero sa totoong buhay? oh you know the answer to that.

chezza said...

MC: I love this song too! Matagal na 'to dito pero ngayon lang na-appreciate sa Grammys :)
Scaredy-cat ka din pala, he,he,he...

Missy: Napanood ko un but I was brave enough to watch it un nga lang ung latest takot ako kasi tinakot din kasi ako ni Jobert--pinapanuod nya lang ung expressions ko tapos gulatin ka lang bigla :)

BURAOT said...

tatanong ko sana kung saan mo hinuhugot ang inspirations mo sa mga drawings mo. hehehehhe.

joke.pero cute.

yoko din ng snake. minsan sa probinsya, natulog ako sa papag ng ate ko, me sumisitsit sa kin. kala ko mga pinsan ko na niyayaya ako mag tong-its.

kinabukasan, me nakuha yung bayaw ko na sawa dun sa ilalim nung hinihigaan kong papag.

darn.

UtakMunggo said...

ahaha natawa ako kay buraot pramis.