Thursday 5 February 2009

Frozen Tears

Cry not in winter for your tears may be frozen :)

I walked out from the heavy glass door of the heavily-bricked establishment feeling unperturbed by the freezing cold and the gushing wind. The narnia-like surrounding gave me a feeling of placid eeriness to which at anytime a gentle creature would suddenly appear in front of me and swept me away to a place enchanted.

As I step on the snow-covered pavement, I realized that I'm still in the city and that my sleepless night made my brain-cells go haywire. I just can't believe how my brain has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it amazes me.

The snow tracks of heavy boots were a sure proof of the morning rush. People collide while dusting snowflakes from their North Face jackets. Somebody even slipped and fell backwards from wearing a wrong footwear. But I wasn't part of them because I was not in a hurry and certainly I wouldn't compromise embarrassment to fashion. Forget Ugg for now, the Docs are the best!

Yet, all I could think of in this very freezing morning are my hot shower and my bed. The dust of snowflakes on my face isn't helping either for it made my warm home more enticing.

I battered through the snow covered road safely. Thanks to my Doc Martens remarkable strength and steadfast traction. It made me reached home in one piece.

After a hot shower, I was ready for bed. Once more, I looked through my bedroom window and retrace my tracks. The snowfall was getting heavier and thicker, the trees were merely silhoutte, and the cold was getting painful on my skin. Yet, I still love winter and snow, even it brought the world to a standstill and made me lethargic.


Our street


On our doorstep


Scene outside our bedroom window


Writing in my jim-jams and underpants!


Snow graffitis


What's left of now though are ice and gritted-salt pavements. Snow's gone but certainly not forever.

5 comments:

KRIS JASPER said...

Same here. Doc Marts for the season.

And it is again snowing.

chezza said...

oh yeah it's back!

i am nobe. said...

haay.. why didn't God create snow for the philippines?

love,
nobe

www.deariago.blogspot.com
www.nobe112681.blogspot.com
www.babyproblogger.blogspot.com

chezza said...

You wouldn't like it if its here too long to be honest. You guys are so lucky to be in the tropics! I miss the sun and fun!

UtakMunggo said...

ugh. i hate hate hate hate snow! i'm happy the baltic winds have stopped blowing our way.

ayeee!!! underpants! haha