Tuesday 30 September 2008

My Week Gone Past

In a nutshell:

**'Tis a healthy week for me after being nearly rice-free for nearly a week and devouring only on steamed fish and vegetables. A healthy option to which I've only realized until now after eating meat for years. But for how long? I'm not entirely sure yet, all I have to do is keep the faith.

Crossfingers!

**A fiftyish looking kabayan looked lost and overwhelmed in a queue. "It's my first time to set foot here in the UK," she said. When asked whether she came here as a tourist, she answered: "No, student visa."

My lips are sealed.

**Workwise in Neuro-ICU has been both heartbreaking and exciting. The former entails you to empathize with the relatives and be strong for yourself's sake, the latter begs you to crave for more horrible near-death cases and embrace each experience as part of your learning process.

I am a novice with the former.

**The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, they say. I beg to disagree. I have a love-hate relationship with cooking. But my lack of culinary skills I made up for being a good barrista. I make the most enticing coffee for Jobert that even he, choses my concoction over Starbucks. Nothing still beats serving a cuppa with a kiss!

I think that the best way to a man's heart is not through his stomach but through his liver!

3 comments:

UtakMunggo said...

re: fifty-ish kabayan. sad story. grabe kapit patalim.

re: way to a man's heart? liver sa yo, stomach saken. haha.. diffrunt strokes.

re: death and dying. same old. same old. sakit sa heart.

the spool artist said...

A fifty year oldish woman in Britain on a student visa????? I know it's never too late to learn but what da.....

Aba, dapat yatang ma try yung coffee concoction mo! do you deliver in cambodia? you should sell your recipe to starbucks or seattle's best! lol.

chezza said...

Missy UM: It's so true. When I asked her kung ano ang course niya, di cya nakasagot. Pinagalitan ako ni Jobert for asking too much questions. Nagmaldita na naman daw ako. Hay!

Hi Spool A! Kaya nga my lips are sealed na lang eh kc parang hmmm...something fishy...Anyways, my coffee's concoction is a secret,he,he,he...nasa preparation lahat yan. Clue na yun! Don't worry kasi pagpunta mo dito ipagtitimpla kita :)