Tuesday 2 September 2008

Booster

My pins brought me to Occupational Health today to have my clinical check-up as a protocol when starting a new job. I was expecting to be interviewed only to find out later that I need to have my booster dose of Hep-B done today. Records showed that my last dose was administered in Singapore seven years ago so I needed to have it ASAP. No matter how hard I tried to convince the OH nurse that I am sensitive to it, or even told them I am back to work the next day, the sight of the vaccine in front of me just proves that I am seconds away from being shot. So, shoot!
It wasn't that bad as what I have hoped it would be but sure enough, it left me with an invalid right arm and a clammy nurse! (I sure did put her under pressure, he,he,he!)
Lesson learned today: Never inject a nurse (unless you're ace), as she will put you under too much scrutiny.
But kudos to her, she was so gentle, I could hardly felt the pain.

At home after the shot. A weary smile can be deceiving :)

3 comments:

UtakMunggo said...

ugh.

naremember ko yung unang unang return demo ng IM sa school. lapit ako na deds sa takot. hahaha

sakit talaga ang hep vac ewan ko bakit.

chezza said...

nangangalay pa rin kamay ko hanggang ngayon. Pero booster na so forever na hindi na ako magpa hepB yay!

KRIS JASPER said...

I need to have my hep B done asap as well.. part na ng company policy.