Tuesday 30 December 2008

This Year's Trimmings




So how many presents have you opened last Christmas? Did you get what you wished for? I can only give you a teaser of mine: A contract. And he's being true to his word :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the New Year just a day away, I'm more pre-occupied with what to wear on the day itself rather than what to eat, he,he,he.

I clealy remembered back home when I used to wear anything with polka dot prints on for more money in the coming year.
And it's been my personal tradition eversince.
Then, I just saw the dress I wanted. A large lady have been eyeing it too. I looked for the same dress in the whole store but couldn't find the exact one. Imagine my joy when I saw the dress hanging back on its rack with an invisible sign: buy me now!
I took the dress and check the size: Size 8. My size exactly. The large lady must have been too disappointed to know it's so teeny-weeny for her.
I grabbed the dress and showed it to the boss.
Jobert bought the dress for me of course :)
From Topshop. Original price: £45. Was on sale for £30. Bought with a student discount for £27.
A bargain indeed!
My last purchase(s) for the year. Food not counted :)

Happy New Year Everyone!

8 comments:

KRIS JASPER said...

wow! super nurse!
ako superficial lang! lol!!!

Happy New year chezz! I love these sales after Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I like your dress! Designer bags worth £500? WOW...just wow! :o you should buy a Louis Vuitton then,hehe

Happy New Year Ate Chezza :]

chezza said...

Hey KJ! Hindi ka superficial no? once a nurse always a nurse :)
Happy New Year too! Hope you had a nice Christmas! :)

chezza said...

Hi MC! Yup, banned na ako sa mga high street bags from now on :)
I too liked the dress--polka dots na kung polka dots!
Happy New Year to you too. Hope you'll have a good one!

UtakMunggo said...

congratulations, madam chezz!!! it's truly nice to be appreciated once in a while. thankless though our profession may be, but the service we willingly give is in itself the reward. it only means that we're healthy in mind, body and spirit.. that's why we're able to give to those who lack it.

happy new year, miss polka dot. size 8 ka pala? pareho pala tayo.. dagdagan mo lang ng 1 before sa 8. haha.. hehe.. uy pahiram nung designer bag ha. charing!

chezza said...

ha!ha!ha! meron pala tayo something in common: we're not emaciated! size zero, not! :)
Pa-rent ko bag ko sayo ,oks? :)

the spool artist said...

at talagang may kontrata pa ha! hahahaha... well, i believe it is truly deserved... cheers!

chezza said...

Dapat lang no? ibang usapan na kc pag designers eh...u should know :)