Wednesday 10 December 2008

Of Mask And Me


I had dreamed of one day owning a Venetian mask, an intricate and beautiful one to grace the lounge of my future house. But as much as I just had to dream, I actually found one that I loved and set my mind into---my dream mask on a shopping trip one day. And I couldn't be happier. Although I sometimes wear a mask, figuratively, of course, in uncalled for situations, I still wanted to own a proper one and wear it as a disguise. My invisible mask has allowed me to socialize with people with much ease and comfort and be accepted as I am. So, will the true Venetian mask provides me the same concealed identity that I clamoured for?
So I wore the mask with much excitement but because I was in a shop, and not in a carnival of sorts, my going incognito failed with much dismay. Instead people were looking at me like I was sort of a lunatic. The only consolation is that my true self was hidden, my face concealed.
Truly so, Venetian masks are attractive works of art yet the lure of attraction you'll get from it doesn't last. Still, true beaut
y is the one thing that's totally unmasked, for all the world to see and be admired forever.


*Pics taken randomly by somebody*

3 comments:

UtakMunggo said...

TK MAX!! hehe i could recognize those colors anywhere (referring to the 60% signage hanging from the ceiling)..

nakow if you have a "Rooms" shop there, madaming venetian masks dun, but i guess you've already done your retail therapy.. hehe

chezza said...

Good guess! TK Maxx is the best to shop when it comes to homeware. Bago lang nag-open ng isa pang branch dito as in super laki!

KRIS JASPER said...

HEY MGA ATE!!!! (Utak Munggo AND CHEZZ)

namamasko po....


:)