Saturday 20 December 2008

Potpourri

I came home from work on a sunday afternoon with a burning throat that led to coughing fits, fuzzed head and high temperature to which eventually finished off with contaminating someone else. Very unpleasant.
I can see clearly now the consequence of what a flu jab won't do to you if you have it in the first place. I realized it now.
Next year, I'm having it. Promise.
Tough luck! I want my appetite back before the season of mouth-watering holiday treats arrives.
Gifts? This is the one thing I've been good at this year. I've ordered nearly eighty-percent of it from the comforts of home. The living room was a sight at one point but now that nearly all of them have been wrapped and labelled, they're all beautiful.
I just wished the people on the receiving end will appreciate how a talentless me was able to wrapped a present and turned it into one kind of art---lopsidedness and all!
I've not thought about anything for me this year. I don't know, I think mainly because, I can buy anything I want at anytime if I do want something. Although, both Jobert and I have always wanted a dog but I'm not ready for that kind of maternal love as yet. You see, having a dog here is like having a child of your own. You'll be prosecuted if you take the dog for granted.
I wanted a child of my own for a while now. But I don't think I've been very good this year that Father Christmas will grant my wish.
Perhaps next year?
One thing for sure though: we'll be having Roast turkey this Christmas! A challenge for Jobert.
Yet still, I can't seem to find the elusive chestnut puree I've been wanting to have for my planned christmas dessert and I've only few days left!
Anyway, I wish you all have a wonderful Christmas wherever you are in this world!--and that's from the bottom of my heart :)

3 comments:

UtakMunggo said...

merry christmas madam chezza! hope the coming year brings you and jobert health and fabulous wealth! (oha. hehe)

hugggggiiiiiess from my family.

the spool artist said...

have a very merry Christmas chezza! wishing you the best of the season and a brighter 2009!

KRIS JASPER said...

I hope you'll hear one GREAT news before 2008 ends.

Or you can end 2008 with your own BANG BANG BANG!!!!! :)

However you do it, I know you'll have it on the time you least expect it to have.

Seasons Greeting ate chezz!