Tuesday 21 October 2008

When Shoes Attack

My rather new 3 inch-heeled leather laced-up shoe saw me walking on a cobbled street on one night out looking like a clumsy toddler trying to learn how to walk with a very unsteady feet. I tripped many times while walking on them and it made me look stupid. It's a beautiful shoe nonetheless. The kinda feeling like you're looking like a million dollars wearing them never mind the faded jeans and a simple top that goes with it. A beautiful shoe is what you really need, everything else is nonexistent.
But would you trade comfort for fashion? That night out saw me choosing the latter. My new pair is pricey but wearing heels a tad higher and gives you a sore ankle and a bruised ego is definitely priceless.
True, I have shoes in different colors and with heels in different heights but they are just stored in their designated boxes, some, even with tags still hanging on them. I don't know whether I will have the enthusiasm to wear them again after the embarrassment I've felt from walking on them.
For now though, I'm back to my ever-loyal 3/4 worn-out boots of which I have been wearing for 3 years now. But do I care? certainly not! I have walked through different seasons with them and they're my comfort zone, my irreplaceable love.

7 comments:

the spool artist said...

well, i lived with a pair that i used since college, although, i dont use them everyday now, but for guys, it really is more about comfort.

my wife told me once before that the secret to a perfect marriage is for the wife to have a separate shoe closet... hmmm... so far it works in our case

chezza said...

Yup, that's true and of course, a dishwasher! ha!ha!ha!

kc cordero said...

hi! just visit your blog. nasa UK ka pala. :)

KRIS JASPER said...

But chezzz, they said practice makes perfect. C'mon, dont waste them... wear them...

:)

seriously, Im not a shoe person. If I have a pair, that's it til they're worn out. I love shirts more than anything.

chezza said...

Kc, thanks for visiting....

Naku KJ, I get attached to them u see...kaya ayoko sila gamitin masyado...ung isa nga eh, nabili ko 3 yrs. ago pa pero nasa silk bag pa rin...Meron naman akong trainers na bulok na pero ayoko pa rin itapon...

UtakMunggo said...

those 3 year old boots ARE MADE FOR WALKING!!! isang masigabong bagsak para sa mga sapatos na totoong nagmamahal sa ating mga flat na paa!!! (este, akin lang pala ang flat.. hindi ko alam kung yung sayo ganun din. hehe)

chezza said...

I actually didn't expect my boots to last this long(3 winters na to) kc sale lang siya for £19 from £65! DKNY cya and hand-made leather akala ko may damage kc super sale pero brand new pala talaga...flat siya and super cute! Siguro ung mga flat-footed like us know how to carry shoes very well no? ;)