Thursday 14 August 2008

Awful August

I have always been a sun worshipper all my life. I am just one of the lucky few that doesn't get burned easily. So imagine my joy when my favorite dose of sunshine was beaming it's rays on me as I perched myself on a wooden chair outside Starbucks sipping my favorite Strawberries and Cream while watching a shirtless Jobert topping-up his tan and enjoying his cappuccino. Ah, the pleasures of summer!
But those endless rays that I wish to keep forever have long since gone only to be replaced by ferocious downpours that seemed like gatecrashers to me. It's not yet your time tiny raindrops, why so soon? I haven't missed you at all because you are here forever blocking my little sunshine.
I am now confined in my bed, feeling miserable and down with a cold.
Pathetic I know but we only have two weeks of summer this year. But I'm still hoping that before August ends, my elusive sun will still come out.

8 comments:

KRIS JASPER said...

I totally agree with you Chezz.

For two years now, British summer has been awful.. They should just erase Summer from their season, and make it Winter- Spring- Autumn.

Glad I went somewhere this year, 3 weeks of pure sunshine.

UtakMunggo said...

this is where our views take on opposite paths.

i've had enough sunshine to last me a lifetime. even here in england i hide from its rays.

tsk..tsk..maitim lang kasi ako che. hahaha

chezza said...

Good for you! We are staying here for summer whch was really disappointing....Anyway, come winter, we will be off somewhere really hot! ;)

chezza said...

utakmunggo: Ur lucky to have the skin tone that most british women are dying to have! If you got it, flaunt it ;)

ka bute said...

dito sa pinas tag-ulan. walang din sunshine. hehehe. =)

chezza said...

what do you expect sa pinas? 2 lang naman ung seasons jan: wet and very wet :)

jOan aka nUdz kUlot said...

winter is fast approaching..back to boring life in inglatera..haaayyyzz..
nga pla..nakibasa tska nkicomment na rin sa blog mo..nakarelate ako eh..=)

chezza said...

Hi Joan! winter blues na naman ulet---ang upside lang is the fashion, layers na naman which I love :)