Monday 4 August 2008

04.08.08


I tried my hardest to be strong and apathetic by refusing to open the card my colleagues gave me even with too much persuasion. When I reached home however, I opened it, read and was overly touched yet fascinated by my friends' sweet messages. Just then, tears flow, first slowly, and then they were just unstoppable. The liquified feelings that caressed my cheeks revealed what I truly felt. I missed them all!
I am known to be a hardcore at work and can be a b*tch in STAT doses but I can also be a real softie PRN. And that PRN is today---the "end of an era".
I love my workplace and the beautiful people that lived in it but when things are getting too familiar and uninteresting, people are getting too close, tasks are merely routines, and caring has become meaningless, I guess, it's time for me to go..... to stay.

2 comments:

UtakMunggo said...

i'm reading between the lines, che. mahirap talaga when "caring becomes meaningless".. na-feel ko yan dati noong student pa ako habang duty sa dmc. parang di na ako tao kasi wala nang empathy.

congratulations sa transfer mo sa neuro unit! wishing you more petiks time in that area! hehe

chezza said...

Thank you! 1st ko day ko ngayon and I felt I don't know anything. But in a way it's a good thing coz I can be patient-centered again. Hurray for the brain! :)