Wednesday 8 April 2009

Modern Lent

If you're given the chance to be Jesus for a day, month, or year even, and was asked to do a miracle what would you choose?

a.) walk on water?

b.) or turn water into wine?

Since I don't know how to swim, I would rather tread on water, that way, at least, I won't drown. Wine? I can live without.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to church tomorrow and Good Friday---first time in a long while. Does that make me a bad person?
*Jobert's an atheist and he's not been to church in years but he's not a bad person* :)

Oh, well. I'm not an atheist though.

Which means I'm bad??

I'll promise that while I'm inside the church, I'll make an act of contrition like I did years ago. I'm sure God remembers all of it :)

But then, I pray anywhere like in lifts, before going to bed or before starting work...

Does that count?

As a product of a private Catholic school I never missed any sunday masses. With heavily-lidded eyes I sat there as if attentively only because the next day, the sunday's homily will be part of our Religion test. I was there mainly for one purpose, to pass the exam.

I wish you won't criticize me when I tell you that not going to church isn't wrong, after all, to each his own. But I'm one of those people whose once-a-week religious activity has waned and to be honest, I feel absolute freedom after I stopped getting forced to go.

I have great faith in God and all the things He can do that's the reason why I pray everyday and everywhere because God knows what I want and what I need at this moment in time.

Faith doesn't have to be represented always by going to church. It's the deed that counts and not the attendance.

No comments: