Tuesday 6 January 2009

Let's Talk About Chicken, Shall We?


Upstairs in our warm bedroom underneath the massive duvet, I was about to close my eyes when Jobert asked me:


"So how many piglets did the sow have?" He was talking of course about the movie Charlotte's Web.

"Twelve?" I answered but with a hint of uncertainty.

"Eleven" he said.

"I'm sure it was twelve. That's the reason why the farmer wanted to kill the 12th pig because his mom only has eleven nipples." I said matter-of-factly.

Jobert burst out laughing. "What do you mean eleven nipples? The sow has ten nipples. It always come in pairs, you silly wabbit!"

"He was the eleventh piglet." He added in between laughter.


"Really? I have no idea."

"So how many nipples does the chicken have?" he asked.

This time, I was in deep thought.

"Pag-isipan ko munang mabuti ha?" I said sweetly.

"C'mon, how many?" he urged.

"Hmmm, two!" I answered.

Just then, he went into a laughing fit, nearly dropping himself onto the floor from sheer laughter and hysterics.

"Wala!" he said. Tears welled in his eyes from laughing so hard.

"Chicken don't nurse their chicks." "Fowls basically don't nurse their young." He said.

Already embarrassed, I said: "Ok, ok. Don't rub it in, will you?"

" I didn't realized that they don't have nipples till now, to be honest. I thought that they have because they have breasts." Defending myself obviously and calling National Geographic to the rescue :)

"Haay, baby, magaling ka lang talaga sa medical." he said.

"Cutie-cutie ka no?" He added as he gave me a kiss.

At least he didn't call me a silly wabbit again after that.

6 comments:

ka bute said...

ha ha ha... natawa ako pramis. :))) nice one! naks! =) ijo-joke ko 'to sa office - anong hayop ang may breast pero walang nipples? hehehe. XD

happy new year!

KRIS JASPER said...

ate, yung mga mammals lang ang may dudu. lol!

chezza said...

Ka Bute, happy New Year din! nabuhay ka ata? :)

KJ, honestly di ko alam :) yikes! embarrassing!

UtakMunggo said...

madam chezza: i'm so disappointed. tsk.. tsk..

haha

that's okay, i guess. lahat naman tayo may nadidiskober as we move on through life.

silly wabbit.

*peace*

chezza said...

Missy UM: I'm just being me: so pure and innocent ;) LOL!

KRIS JASPER said...

Hey Ate chezz!
May LV po dito sa Birmingham. Near sa Corporation street po. Tapos yung Harvey po eh nasa Mailbox.. kasama ang Hugo Boss, emporio armani, etc. Malapit lang po ang mga yun sa New street station.

Visit po kayo dito para ma treat nyo ako sa dinner (ahem.) at mabigay nyo na ang birthday at Xmas gifts ko (ahem.). lol!