Wednesday 11 March 2009

The Road To Revolutionary Citizenship

I was in deep slumber when Jobert woke me up and showed me something. I was still in a trance-like state that reading the mail and understanding all of it was next to imppossible. Wait, let me get my bearing...
"I am pleased to tell you that your application for British Citizenship has been approved" the letter says.

Too ecstatic was I that I was wide awake in an instant(never mind if I came from nights the day before).
Finally, we are officially adopted citizens in this country! Yay!
DDay May 7 will be the Citizenship Ceremony. By then, I am expected to be familiar with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Queen which is actually too short to memorize.
Now though, I'm in a dilemma of whether to relinquish my Filipino citizenship or be a dual citizen.
I still have a month to think about it though but for now my mind is clear about one thing: I get to travel wherever now without the hassle of getting a visa.
Life's great if you're British, I may say.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.
Our application took only two-and-a-half weeks to process. Yes, too fast that I didn't see it coming :)

13 comments:

aleksi said...

awesome! Congrats. God save the queen!

chezza said...

salamat :) British na kaibigan mo :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ate and sa hubby mo! Sandali lang ata mag apply for filipino citizenship ulit.

chezza said...

Thanks MC! won't be long, ikaw naman :)

ka bute said...

How long have you been there? :)

chezza said...

7 yrs. :)

KRIS JASPER said...

2 and half weeks? Freaking hell! My appointment with NCS will be next week. Sana I'll be lucky (like you). Kung nanay ko lang sana si Vilma.

chezza said...

Yup, that short...Ma-approve ka niyan. It's a good thing nag-apply ka b4 Apr.6 kc after that mag-increase na ang fee.
Good luck!

KRIS JASPER said...

OO nga, si A sa May pa. lol! wawa naman!

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy Winehouse music huh. I love Amy Winehouse's songs.

chezza said...

these 2 are my faves!

UtakMunggo said...

hola!

i don't have to worry about that, for now.

but it would be nice to get it out of my hair asap.

congratulations!!!!

pa-champagne ka naman!

:)

chezza said...

Oo ba! kelan gusto mo? :)