Thursday 13 November 2008

Guardian Forces

I always brushed aside the idea that we have a benevolent guard of nature in our midst, more so for Jobert that is. He claimed that before his great-grandfather died, he handed over his "tagabantay" to him as his "Pamana." Now Jobert is not a great believer of anything spiritual (he's an atheist) and supernatural but he graciously accepted the guardian as his own.
But if there's anything that I desperately hope is true is not the "guardian" but the concept of karma. Many of us uses it as a means of consolation to every unfortunate situation that are beyond our control. Karma can be malevolent or benevolent and it all depends on the person's deeds. It is humbling to know that if a person does harm you, that person is all well-taken cared of by karma.
Over the years, Jobert and I have been toyed with, wronged, and sometimes can be the source of gossip. If it's up to me, I would definitely act on instinct and inflict painful words and deeds to those who created the scenario. I may be tiny but I can be vengeful too. It is so easy to think the worst for that person. But I don't want to take avenge if I'll only regret it later. My only option is to leave it to karma or in Jobert's case, the guardian, because one won't disappoint. For me, karma clearly knows when to strike and to whom.
Now, everytime Jobert hears anything about an ex-friend's misfortune, he would always say: "malas lang nila. Di ba nila alam may tagabantay ako?"

That, or karma.

5 comments:

KRIS JASPER said...

What goes around, comes around.....

ka bute said...

baka shinigami un. hehehe.

UtakMunggo said...

i agree with kj, pero kung minsan ang hirap maghintay pa ng karma. kung minsan inuunahan ko na at ako na ang nagiging karma nila. hehehe

BURAOT said...

ika nga ng golden rule ni confucious...

"what goes around comes around.."

nyahahaha!

chezza said...

Amen to that! :)